There are a few different types of reclining items available, but the most popular are sofas, as who doesn’t enjoy relaxing in front of the TV with their feet up and head back?
There are two types of recliner sofas, those that have electrical components that allow you to press a button and recline, and those that have a more manual function and need adjusting by hand, with a lever or body motion.
Manual recliners tend to only have one or two positions available, whereas electric ones can be adjusted to a more precise angle – they also sometimes have additional features such as built in massage pads and heaters!
But what are the pros and cons of having a recliner sofa? How do you know if it would be right for you and your home? Here are some things to consider before making the big decision:
- A recliner sofa is multipurpose, in that it can be used to sleep on as well. It may not be a sofa bed and have tons of room to stretch out on, but if you need just an extra place for a guest then it can be done.
- You can relax in complete comfort with your feet up while you watch your favourite TV show or movie.
- Most sofas are sectional, so you can choose which part of your sofa has the recliner option, and not all seats have to recline at the same time. This is great if you have a large family.
- If you are looking to buy an extra sleeping space, then a recliner sofa may not be the best option, as there is a limited amount of sleeping space and only one guest at a time would be able to use it.
- They are heavier than non-recliner sofas due to the additional mechanics used and the extra features such as the foot rest and any add-ons.
- Recliner sofas take up more space, as they need room in front of and behind them to recline. This could be a problem if you have a small living room and are slightly pushed for space. It is important to measure the area you plan to put your sofa before buying it.
A recliner sofa can make a really nice addition to your own, especially if you have a big family and want to have the choice of reclining or sitting normally. Sometimes there is nothing better than having a comfy seat to come home to after a long day at work.
Just make sure you think about the pros and cons and most importantly, the space you will need if you do decide to buy a recliner.